The generally increased milk production leads to more milk leaks at the start of the cow’s dry period. In addition, the decrease in the use of antibiotic-containing dry-off injectors results in a reduced antimicrobial protection. Both increase the risk of milk congestion and milk leakage. Research has shown that milk leakage at the beginning of the dry period is a significant risk factor for new intramammary infections during the dry period. The use of Ubera® Dry reduces the risk of new infections at the beginning of the dry period.
- Can be combined with internal teat sealants and intramammary antibiotics.
- Ubera® Dry plug from teat-end comes off with first milking and leaves no remnants in the teat canal.
- Can be reapplied if deemed necessary.
Proven efficacy in preventing bacterial penetration by 3 common major mastitis pathogens (Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus uberis). Ubera® Dry positioned as one of the most cost-effective preventive measures for mastitis in early lactation.Apply on a clean teat
- Dip the teat for ¾ in the cup
- Slowly remove the cup while giving a quarter turn
- In the following days the barrier will slowly come off the teat skin
- The teat-end remains protected for up to 5 days