Cattle: cows, heifers. Pigs: sows, gilts. Enzaprost 5mg/ml is indicated for its luteolytic effects in cattle and pigs.
The luteolytic effect of the product can be exerted in the following therapeutic uses:
- Oestrus synchronisation.
- Treatment of sub-oestrus or silent heat in cows which have a functional corpus luteum, but do not express behavioural oestrus.
- Induction of abortion until day 120 of pregnancy.
- Induction of parturition.
- As an aid in the treatment of chronic metritis or pyometra where there is a functional or persistant corpus luteum.
- Induction of parturition from day 111 of pregnancy.
- Post partum use: reduction of the weaning to oestrus interval (WOI) and the weaning to fertile service interval (WFSI) in sows with puerperal problems such as metritis in herds with reproductive problems.
Do not treat animals if they suffer from either acute or subacute disorders of the vascular system, gastro-intestinal tract or respiratory system.
Do not administer to pregnant animals, unless it is desirable to induce parturition or interruption of pregnancy.
Do not use in cases of known hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.