Indications for use
Metricure is indicated for the treatment of subacute and chronic endometritis in cows (at least 14 days after parturition) caused by bacteria sensitive to cefapirin.
Do not administer to animals known to be allergic to cephalosporins or penicillins.
Special warnings for each target species
Special precautions for use
Use of the product should be based on susceptibility testing of the bacteria isolated from the animal. If this is not possible, therapy should be based on local (regional, farm level) epidemiological information about susceptibility of the target bacteria.
Accidental spillage on the skin should be washed off immediately with soap and water.
Penicillin and cephalosporins may cause hypersensitivity (allergy) following injection, inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Hypersensitivity to penicillin may lead to cross reactions to cephalosporins and vice versa.
Allergic reactions to these substances are occasionally serious.
1. Do not handle this product if you know you are sensitised or if you have been advised not to work with such preparations.
2. Handle this product with great care to avoid exposure, taking all recommended precautions.
3. If you develop symptoms following exposure, such as a skin rash, you should seek medical advice and show the doctor this warning. Swelling of the face, lips or eyes or difficulty with breathing are more serious symptoms and require urgent medical attention.
Wash hands after use.
Allergic reactions have been observed in very rare cases.
The frequency of adverse reactions is defined using the following convention:
∙ very common (more than 1 in 10 animals displaying adverse reaction(s) during the course of one treatment)
∙ common (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 100 animals)
∙ uncommon (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 1,000 animals)
∙ rare (more than 1 but less than 10 animals in 10,000 animals)
∙ very rare (less than 1 animal in 10,000 animals, including isolated reports).
Use during pregnancy or lactation
The product is not indicated for use during pregnancy but can be used during lactation.
Not to be administered concurrently with other intra-uterine antibiotic preparations.
Amounts to be administered and administration route
The contents of one Metricure syringe should be introduced into the lumen of the uterus using the disposable catheter provided as follows:
1. Shake the syringe before use.
2. Fix the syringe to the catheter.
3. Hold the cervix of the uterus with one gloved hand introduced into the rectum
4. Introduce the catheter through the cervix into the lumen of the uterus, by gentle oscillating movements of the cervix.
5. Inject Metricure.
Depending on the response, a second treatment 7-14 days later may be required in some cases if clinical signs persist.
In animals that have been inseminated, Metricure may be used at one day after insemination. In cases of pyometra, pre-treatment with prostaglandin is recommended in order to induce luteolysis and remove debris from the uterine cavity.
Product supplied as a single dose syringe therefore overdose unlikely to occur.
Meat – 1 day
Milk – Zero hours
There are no reviews yet.